How to Eat Out Successfully!
Eat Out Successfully Overview
How To Eat Out Successfully – As you go about following your fat-loss eating plan, your paleo eating plan or your keto eating plan, you will likely be challenged at some point or another with dining in a restaurant.
When you cook at home, you are able to gain maximum control over your food intake and the nutritional value of your food, making sure that you keep your calorie intake in check while maximizing the nutrition. When you eat out, however, you might feel at the mercy of another person – the chef – and if you aren’t careful, you could walk away overly full, having consumed many more calories than your nutritional target. It is essential that you eat out successfully!
Dining out can really set back your overall health goal if you aren’t careful, which is why learning how to choose nutritious, low-calorie foods from any menu is a must. When you make smart decisions like the ones listed below, you can walk away from any restaurant with your diet in check. Additionally, you can supplement with nutritional dried greens and fruit powders from Sunburst Superfoods.
The Details of How to Eat Out Successfully
- Avoid all fried foods. This one should be explanatory. French fries, fried onions, chicken-fried steak – anything cooked in a heavy dose of oil should be avoided.
- To eat out successfully, stay away from cream sauces. Any sauce based in heavy cream or butter is going to be dense in fat and calories as well as high salt and sugar content.
- Be leery of appetizers. Most appetizers are loaded with calories, containing more than a single entrée!
- Choose grilled chicken when in doubt. Chicken is one of the leanest protein sources to opt for, and when it’s grilled, it’ll contain minimal fat.
- Avoid anything breaded. These will contain both fat and carbs, a double whammy to avoid at all times.
- Don’t indulge in the breadbasket. This can add hundreds of calories to your meal, especially when slathered in butter or olive oil.
- For a side dish, choose steamed vegetables. Be sure to request them without butter to prevent excessive calorie consumption.
- Opt for broth-based soups rather than creamy varieties if you want to eat out successfully. This will keep your calorie content down. However, be leary of the salt content.
- Order salad dressing on the side. Add it yourself sparingly so that you can control how much you use. Try to use only half of what’s provided, if not less.
- Request at least a few of the fixings off the salad. Croutons, cheese, noodles, and candied nuts can all increase the calorie content of your salad.
- Ask for light sauce when ordering stir fry dishes. Most chefs add way too much sauce, significantly increasing the calorie content.
- Avoid dessert at all costs when you eat out. Most restaurant desserts contain at least 800 calories. If you must have dessert for a celebration or special occasion, split one between 3 or 4 people to control the portion.
- Order water to ensure you don’t take in any extra calories through your beverage choice.
- Choose lean and grass-fed cuts of steak. Steak can be a great choice when it’s grass-fed.
- If you want eat out successfully, avoid large meat serving sizes: 3-4 ounces is more than enough for most people, especially with a generous serving of veggies.
- Order a half order when possible. Most restaurants serve two or three times as much as an actual serving, especially for pasta dishes, so a half portion still gets you plenty of food – and a smaller bill.
Final Thoughts on Eating Out Successfully
These quick tips will help you feel comfortable and confident when you eat out, even on a diet. Make sure that you keep these suggestions in mind as you look through the menu and decide what to order. Don’t take your choice lightly here – if you make a terrible decision; you could easily consume well over 2000 calories for a single meal, which for many who want to eat well, is the nutritional goal for the entire day. You have what it takes to eat out successfully!
To Your Health!