10 Superfoods to Boost Your Mood
Superfoods are whole foods that are rich in nutrients, offering everything from vitamins and minerals to antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties. Here’s what to know about the 10 best superfoods to incorporate for a healthy mind and body.
The 10 Superfoods to Boost Your Mood
- A very nutritious snack when eaten unsalted
- Helps suppress appetite
- Low in saturated fat
- High in magnesium and iron
- Each serving of avocado contains 20 minerals and vitamins.
- High in good fats that you can metabolize easily
- Good source of folate for tissue development
- Provide a healthy dose of vitamins A, B, C, D, E and K
I eat avocados for nearly every day because it has great health benefits.
- A protein boost mid-morning or mid-afternoon will prevent too low of a blood sugar level.
- A handful can prevent overeating later on in the day. However, please don’t overdo it!
- Raw or slightly mixed nuts such as macadamia, almonds, and pistachios have great health benefits
- It is a good practice to sprout the mixed nuts by soaking them for at least 6 to 24 hours and allowing them to dry before eating (doing this makes it easier to digest and increase the bioavailability of nutrients.
- Rich in antioxidants like flavonoids, which can help prevent cancer
- Stick to a small amount. Half a bar contains about 200 calories, 20 grams of fat, and 10 grams of sugar.
- Raw or steamed, broccoli can do many things to improve the functions of your digestive and respiratory systems!
- High in vitamin D
- Three servings of broccoli a week (½ cup each) will support bone strength and good health.
- Adding broccoli sprouts also provide great health and anti-inflammatory benefits
Lean Meats(Free Range and grass-fed)
- Any healthy diet requires protein, as well as fiber, fat, and complex carbs. Lean meat is an excellent way to get in your fill of protein.
- Chicken, turkey, and lean beef contain all the amino acids you need to build and sustain muscle.
- Have lean meat with one or two meals a day.
- An antioxidant-rich fruit.
- Like all berries, they give your body the fiber it needs to run like a well-oiled machine.
- It is loaded with vitamins for improved memory and immunity.
- Top your oatmeal or yogurt with a handful of fresh blueberries, or blend them up in a fruit smoothie.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)-from a manufacturer you can trust
- Loaded with nutrients and 60 calories per teaspoon
- Although it is all fat (7 grams per teaspoon), it’s the kind that’s good for you. Use olive oil as a salad dressing or cooking oil, and you’ll begin to improve your heart health drastically.
- Kale is a trendy superfood these days, but for plenty of great reasons! For example, it can help lower your cholesterol.
- Its many nutrients reduce the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, bladder, prostate, ovary, and colon
- Kale is full of antioxidants
- Kale will help you keep a balanced mineral and vitamin profile
- It can help you improve your liver health
- it is an anti-inflammatory vegetable
- It is high in fiber and fantastic for weight loss
- Allows you to sweeten your food and beverages naturally
- A safe alternative to high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- The majority of honey is natural sugar, water, and sucrose. The rest? Nutrients, including vitamins (B6, zinc, amino acids, and calcium), protein, pollen, and minerals.
Why not trade out the processed chips, crackers, and candy for superfoods like leafy greens for crunch, fresh berries, and sugar substitutes such as raw honey? Superfoods can make you feel super, energetic, and even happier while allowing you to become strong, fit, and healthy, increasing your chance of long-term success. Finally, when buying these superfoods, select organically grown and minimally processed products! Check out our friends Sunburst Superfoods.
To Your Health!